Skorecery is a fast-paced local multiplayer sports-like set in a tournament of mystics. Players engage in a contest of reflexes and split-second decision-making to protect their runes and destroy their opponent’s. Different spells, modes, and curses force players to stay on their toes and face overcome new challenges every game!
Skorecery started out as a class project at Northeastern University. Probably the simplest way to boil down the inspiration was that we wanted to build a multiplayer game all about ricocheting shots. Bouncing shots off of walls and scoring goals. Capturing that cool factor of playing mini-golf when a ball bounces off a wall or rock and goes in. What if we had a game that was like that all the time? So we started sketching some ideas of what that would look like, and one million iterations later, here we are.
- A competitive game without an insurmountable learning curve.
- This is friendly, local couch multiplayer.
- Fast paced, exciting, edge-of-your-seat gameplay.
- Beautifully mastered audio dynamically adjusts to match intensity.
- Different Spells, Modes, and Curses keep the variety up and the fun going.
TL;DR Here is an Assets Folder
Skorecery Trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Recipient of Best Overall Game" Northeastern University Game Demo Day, 23 April, 2015
- "Nomination for Multiplayer and Connected Gameplay." Boston Festival of Indie Games, 10 September, 2016
Skorcery by Grapplehook Games is an incredibly fast paced magical sports game with a host of modifier spells and curses that can create utter chaos that is bound to put a smile on your face.Jacob Wood, Indie Hangover
You want to know what the future of sports entertainment looks like?Vinny Parisi, Indie Game Magazine
It's extra nerdy and I love it.Veronica Keddy, Boston Festival of Indie Games
Anyone that was watching us play did not want to leave until they got a chance to play themselves... I can see a large group of people hooting and hollering over a competitive match for sure.Anonymous,
- BFIG Spotlight Skorecery
- A look at Skorecery in action at BFIG indiehangover.com.
- Spells Blog Post
- Experimenting with gameplay medium.com.
- Mutefield Blog Post
- New Mutefield spell prototyping medium.com.
- Callback Blog Post
- New Callback spell prototyping medium.com.
- UI Design Process Blog Post
- Explaining the Skorecery UI design process medium.com.